Starting January 1, 2020, a new privacy law, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) will govern how businesses handle the personal information of California residents. We are providing these FAQs to explain how DojoMojo will continue to provide services to our customer brands.
Key to the value that DojoMojo provides to customer brands, is our ability to enrich data and provide insights across our customer brands. In providing our services, we are a vendor to our customer brands. However, DojoMojo is not a “service provider” as that term is very narrowly defined in the CCPA. This means that our customer brands need to offer their consumer certain privacy choices, so that we may continue to use consumers’ data to provide insights to you.
To comply with the CCPA, we have implemented a process to provide consumers the ability to opt out of the “sale” and “resale” (as defined in the CCPA) of their information. Because DojoMojo does not have a direct relationship with consumers, we are asking our customer brands to provide notice to California consumers that the brand shares information with DojoMojo and to provide consumers access to DojoMojo’s opt-out link as described below. In addition, we will post a “CA Residents – Do Not Sell My Info” link to our opt-out functionality on any Giveaway sweepstakes page that DojoMojo hosts.
Privacy Updates for Customer Brands
- Customer brands will need to have a “Do Not Sell My Info” link on the brand’s website homepage. The landing page for the “Do Not Sell My Info” must contain the link to the DojoMojo opt-out page (https://www.dojomojo.com/app/ccpa-request).
Access/Delete Request Process via Customer Brands
- If a customer brand receives a CCPA request, the customer brand must verify the authenticity of the request before making an ACCESS/DELETE request to DojoMojo.
- Once verified, the customer brand will be able to submit the ACCESS/DELETE request to DojoMojo via a dedicated web form. The form will ask:
- Brand name
- Brand contact Information (the brand rep submitting the request, name, email, number)
- Email address of the request
- The type of the request
- Verification that a proper authentication of identity has taken place
- Upon submission, we will perform a rapid database check, and if the email address does not exist in the brand’s record, an automated email confirming we have no data will be sent to the contact that the brand provided.
- If the email does exist, the request will be routed to our engineering team, where we will process and respond to the request with the appropriate confirmations and data.
CCPA Compliance Summary
- It is DojoMojo’s intent to have all customer brands submit their privacy policies to our platform indicating that the brand shares data with advertising partners, like DojoMojo.
- Brands that do not take this step will be flagged and any unique data acquired related to California consumers will be set to opt-out and will not be used to improve DojoMojo services.
- DojoMojo expects brands to provide California consumers with a link to the DojoMojo opt-out page on the brand’s “Do Not Sell My Info” landing page.