At DojoMojo, we understand that compliance is hugely important and something that our customers simply do not want to have to worry about. To put our customers at ease, we take the guesswork out of compliance and automate the process of staying complaint.
The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) is the law that must be followed in order to maintain compliance. Compliance boils down to:
- Getting explicit permission from subscribers
- Properly setting expectations with subscribers
- Providing subscribers with clear instructions on how to unsubscribe
- Staying away from sending anything inappropriate or illegal to subscribers.
Here is how DojoMojo automates compliance and keeps our customers safe.
Getting explicit permission from subscribers
- All supported subscriber acquisition tools (such as Sweepstakes Post Entry, On-site Lightbox, or Post Checkout Sign Up) include:
- Non-editable explicit descriptions of the marketing the consumer is opting-in to,
- Non-editable compliance language detailing the text marketing,
- All acquisitions tools are also entirely optional for the consumer, standalone and not bundled with any other offer (we do this to avoid forcing a consumer to sign up for SMS in order to receive some other offer or service),
- All acquisitions tools are also are for only one brand (unlike Partnership Sweepstakes, a consumer should not be opted into multiple SMS marketing programs with a single sign up).
Properly setting expectations with subscribers
- DojoMojo's legal language includes all necessary notifications, including an estimate of messages a consumer can expect to receive on a monthly basis.
Providing subscribers with clear instructions on how to unsubscribe
- Every "welcome" message sent to a new subscriber automatically includes information regarding how to unsubscribe or receive additional help.
- DojoMojo also goes above and beyond and automatically appends this information to subscriber messages every 30 days.
Staying away from sending anything inappropriate or illegal to subscribers
- Our system attempts to detect and block any illicit or illegal content, but also all content sent using DojoMojo's SMS Marketing Suite is the sole responsibility of the brand. DojoMojo does not support the promotion of illicit content, including the following:
- Depictions or endorsements of violence,
- Adult or otherwise inappropriate content,
- Profanity or hate speech, and
- Endorsement of illegal or illicit drugs (including CBD products).
- All content must be in accordance with to all applicable federal and state laws and regulations. All content must be appropriate for the intended audience.
- At this time, DojoMojo does not support industries requiring age gating, such as alcohol or tobacco.