For most marketing initiatives, the goal is to maximize results. Similar to email acquisition, we suggest you should do some prep work before acquiring mobile subscribers. By doing so, you can encourage higher engagement and conversion rates from the beginning.
Here are a few components you should consider before acquiring mobile subscribers on DojoMojo:
- A welcome offer or incentive for entrants to sign up for your mobile list - discounts, free trial, VIP access, etc.
- If you are offering a coupon code or free trial, make sure the logistics are set up for the user to easily access the promotions once they sign up.
- A small banner ad that describes your welcome offer (16:9 ratio is recommended).
- A welcome text message (200 characters max) to send to those who subscribe to your mobile list.
How to Acquire Subscribers on DojoMojo
On DojoMojo, you can acquire mobile subscribers by hosting a sweepstakes and choosing the SMS Marketing Post Entry Action. You must be on our Essential or Premium brand in order to host a sweepstakes.
- Create your sweepstake campaign. After your campaign is created, you will gain access to the Campaign Dashboard. Navigate to the “Post Entry Actions” tab.
- Select SMS Marketing as your Post Entry option.
- Every brand has free Mobile Messages on their FIRST SMS Marketing-enabled sweepstakes. See our SMS Marketing Payment Plans for more information.
How to Set Up SMS Marketing Post Entry Action
First, complete the fields in the “Build Your Post Entry Form” section. As you populate the fields here, the display on the right will automatically update so you see the changes you are making on your Post Entry action.
The legal terms on the display screen are mandatory and users are not able to edit, to ensure that your new subscribers are compliant to phone messaging laws & regulations.
Completing “Build Your Post Entry Form”:
- Add a Form Header. This will show up at the top of the Post Entry pop-up for entrants.
- Upload a Hero Image. Allow users to learn about your brand and products. This field is optional but highly recommended.
- If you'd like to do so, you can include an optional Click URL for the Hero Image. This may drive some users to your website, but it might also reduce the chances of them subscribing for your SMS Marketing list.
- Add a Description. Tell your potential mobile subscribers the benefits of subscribing to your mobile list and about your welcome offer. The description is purposely limited due to compliance laws. Our priority is to make sure that you are able to continuously market to your subscriber list.
- Create your CTA button to prompt entrants to join the list.
Next, craft your text message in the “Customize Your Message” field:
In this section, you are building the initial text message you are sending to users when they sign up as a mobile subscriber. As you populate the fields, the display on the right will automatically update so you see the changes you are making to the Mobile Message that will be sent.
We are legally required to inform users who are receiving your message for the first time unsubscribe instructions and the reason why you would be contacting them. We automatically append a legal message to your first message: “Msg&data rates may apply. Msg frequency is recurring. Reply HELP for help, STOP to cancel” and manage replies with these keywords.
Completing “Customize Your Message”:
- Create a message to welcome your users. This message has a 200 character limit.
- You can use our Samples messages provided as your template.
- Custom fields, such as Coupon Code or Link, are available to further customize your message. Any links provided will be shortened to minimize the characters used in your mobile message. Users will be redirected to the link you provide.
- If you are going to use a Coupon Code, it is highly recommended that you create a unique Coupon Code for each new Sweepstakes. This will allow for more precise tracking of attribution going forward.
- Publish your message
- Once you hit “Publish”, the Mobile message created will start sending once the Campaign is live when users become mobile subscribers.
- You can edit this message until the campaign is live. Once the campaign is live, no changes can be made to your Mobile Message, but you can deactivate the SMS Marketing Post Entry Action completely, by selecting the standard Thank You.
Once your SMS marketing post entry campaign is live, you can track performance in SMS Marketing Analytics and the Overview view tab of SMS Marketing. Metrics available include subscribe rate, unsubscribe rate, click and opens.