What is SMS Marketing?
- SMS Marketing allows you to connect with your audience via text messages. As a brand, you can run SMS marketing campaigns and directly inform users about promotions or product launches.
- You can use SMS marketing to build a stronger connection with your users and instantly update them to increase traffic and revenue.
Why choose SMS Marketing?
- SMS Marketing is a less crowded space than email marketing. Open rates on SMS Marketing are as high as 82% and 50% of opened messages are opened within 30 seconds. In addition, the rigorous opt-in process of SMS Marketing becomes a filter for high intent customers. High intent users and a high engagement rate? It sounds like a win-win situation for you!
How does SMS Marketing work?
Similar to other channels, there are a few pieces you need in order to run a successful SMS Marketing Campaign.
- So you have a list of phone numbers and you want to start using mobile messages? Hold on because it is not as simple as that.
- In order for a brand to start marketing to users via text messages, you need to make sure the phone numbers have properly opted-in.
- As personal data is becoming more secure, there are now quite a few lawmakers that are governing how SMS Marketing message is used by brands. Due to this, all SMS Marketing efforts must be compliant with the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). This means that businesses must receive written consent from users before sending them SMS marketing messages. In addition, initial messages must be structured to provide the brand’s identity and opt-out instructions before any SMS marketing message is sent.
- On DojoMojo, we make sure that the phone numbers you collect can be used for future SMS marketing campaigns.
Phone Number and Carriers
- You will need to obtain a phone number before sending SMS message. DojoMojo makes it easy, but assigning you a dedicated toll-free number and dedicated long code (9 digit number) when you start leveraging our SMS Marketing capabilities. Remember! - Even with the right phone number, it is up to the mobile carrier to deliver the message. For that reason, our system dynamic uses the best phone number based on the carrier of the target customer.
- It is legally required that SMS Marketing Campaigns allows users to approach to the sender with questions and to unsubscribe. At DojoMojo, we will automatically set up these requirements with our default keywords.
- HELP - if a user sends HELP, they will receive a message to help them gain access to your customer support
- STOP - if a user sends STOP, they will be unsubscribed from your list and send the last confirmation message.
- START - if a user sends START, they will be re-subscribed to your SMS Marketing list.
SMS Marketing Message or Campaign
- Once you have all these elements set up and in place, then it’s time for you to get your SMS Marketing campaigns set up. With DojoMojo, you are able to schedule and create one-time messages or build out automated messages based on key events (like customer purchases or certain interactions with a previous SMS text).