Tracking Links are the customized URLs that allow traffic to be attributed to a specific source. These are the links you will embed in your promotional assets and share with your audience to promote your media deal.
In any media campaign, the buying brand wants to direct traffic to a specific landing page or pages. In the DojoMojo Media Market, buyers input a unique URL link that they want the seller’s traffic to be driven to.
For tracking and reporting, DojoMojo automatically generates a unique DojoMojo link, which is used to track each visitor to the landing page, ensuring you receive credit for every visitor that comes from your link - and your audience.
Where Can I Find The Tracking Links?
You can find your Tracking Links in your Deal Dashboard under Tracking Links.
You will see a link, or multiple links, that the buyer wants to be embedded in your corresponding promotional assets. Each link has a label, identified by the buyer, to ensure you are driving traffic to the correct landing page. At the end of each link, you will find a preview button that allows you to preview the link destination.
What Do I Need To Do With Them?
In your promotional asset, there will be links that lead back to the buyer’s desired landing page(s). For DojoMojo to properly track performance, you will need to embed the DojoMojo tracking links in promotional assets that you link back to the buyer’s corresponding landing pages (i.e. website, social profile).
To create a promotional asset with Tracking Links:
- Draft your promotional asset (i.e. dedicated email, banner ad, etc.)
- Copy the appropriate Tracking Link and embed it in the matching promotional asset.
- Make sure you are linking the unique DojoMojo tracking link.
- Test and schedule your send so that it will be shared with your audience on the day you agreed to send a promotion.
Why Is This Important?
- Linking your promotional assets with the unique DojoMojo tracking links allows DojoMojo to track the traffic driven in the Media Market deal.
- For Cost-Per-Click (CPC) deals, this is extremely important, because it determines if, and how much, you will be paid. Using other links will not give DojoMojo the ability to track the traffic driven by your campaign. Without the ability to track traffic accurately, DojoMojo cannot guarantee the correct payment. Using the unique DojoMojo tracking link ensures you will get paid, as long as you meet your minimum click threshold!
- Tracking the clicks received from a media campaign provides both buyers and sellers with increased transparency and reporting into how the campaign performed.
- As a buyer, you are able to use UTM parameters on the original links on your website. Do not add UTM parameters to DojoMojo tracking links.