We’re excited to see you’ve joined an upcoming campaign - the first step to growing your email list.
In this guide, we’ll lay out a few things you should do as a new DojoMojo user to make sure you’re set up to be a successful partner.
What do Partners do?
Partner brands participate in and promote the campaign and therefore receive the emails. If you’re a partner on a sweepstakes, your main role is to promote the campaign on the date you’ve agreed to with the Host, usually via a Dedicated Email and often through social media as well.
Your Host brand, or campaign sponsor, is in charge of creating the landing page, coordinating Partners and prizing, drafting official rules, coordinating promotion and managing the sweepstakes (including picking a winner).
New at this? Don’t worry - all the other partners on your sweepstakes are doing the same things you are to prepare, and we’re here to help too! You can reach us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll make sure you’re set up for success.
Your Host brand can help you with specifics around things like prizing, or when and how to share the campaign with your audience.
At Sign Up: The Basics
- Complete Brand Profile
- Have an onboarding call
- Integrate with your ESP
- Confirm promotion and prizing obligations with the Host brand
1-2 Weeks before Launch: Prepare to Promote
- Add Social Actions
- Grab your Tracking Links
- Collect creative assets from Host
- Prepare and test a Dedicated Email
After Launch: Promote the Sweepstakes
- Send your Dedicated Email to your list
During the Campaign: Reach your New Audience
- Market to your new leads
- Keep an eye on Analytics
After the Campaign: Measure Results
- Deliver prizing
- View Analytics
1 - Complete Account Basics
- Complete your Brand Profile & add your logo to put your best foot forward.
- This helps all brands on the campaign get to know you better
- Upload your logo to make sure you have a logo on the landing page of the sweepstakes.
- Have a quick setup call with your Onboarding Specialist.
- One of our sweepstakes specialists can answering any key questions you might have and will make sure that you’re taking advantage the features that are best for your goals.
- Reach out to email@example.com to set up a chat if you haven’t already.
- Integrate with your Email Service Provider (ESP) to save time and keep quality high.
- When you integrate your ESP, it eliminates the need for the manual work of downloading and re-uploading the new emails as people enter the sweepstakes.
- As email addresses come in, they will be pushed to your ESP automatically, saving you time and ensuring that you can welcome them to your list while they’re still fresh in your mind. This results in higher conversion rates and lower unsubscribes.
- Make sure your welcome email drip is teed up and ready to send to new entrants as you welcome them to your list.
- Confirm promotion and prizing obligations with your Host.
- Check in with the Host brand to chat when you plan on promoting the giveaway to your audience and ensure you’re clear on what you’ll be providing for prizing to the winner.
2 - Prepare to Promote
- Add Social Actions to grow your social media following.
- Social Actions help you grow your social media following. After entering the giveaway, the subscriber is shown a page with "bonus entries" where they can earn extra chances to win.
- Tracking Links are the customized URLs that allow entrants to access the sweepstakes landing page.
- Every channel you’ve agreed to promote through (Twitter, Facebook) gets its own Tracking Link. Find and create them for in the Campaign Manager.
- This part is important! Make sure to use the right Tracking Link, or it may confuse DojoMojo’s analytics. Your entries might be misattributed to the Host’s entries (rather than yours).
- Grab your Creative Assets.
- Creative Assets are the images that the Host creates to help you promote the campaign. These images are usually the featured content of an email or a post on your social accounts.
- Hosts usually create many different sizes so that the same image can be used in emails as well as social promotions. If you require a specific image size or format, be sure to communicate with the Host. If the Host doesn't send you creative assets, check the Assets tab of the Campaign Manager.
- We recommend using a 800 x 1000 png for email sends.
- A Dedicated Email is the email you use to promote the campaign to your list. Every partner creates one.
- Use the Creative Asset from the Host and attach the correct Tracking Link to it.
- Test your send.
3 - After Launch: Promote the Sweepstakes
- Send your Dedicated Email to your email list.
- Share the email you prepared to promote the campaign to your list on the date you’ve agreed to.
- Share the sweepstakes through any other channels you’ve agreed to, like social media or in your newsletter.
4 - During the Campaign: Reach your New Audience
- Market to your new leads.
- The key to a successful sweepstakes is reaching your audience quickly. If you’ve integrated with your ESP, make sure new entries are welcomed to your list as soon as possible.
- If you’re uploading your entries to your list, download them and add them to your list regularly in small batches.
- Check out our Guide to Marketing to Sweepstakes Entrants for our tips on creating the most effective welcome for this audience.
- Keep an eye on Analytics and watch new entries come in.
5 - After the Campaign: Measure Results
- The Host will pick a winner. Coordinate with the Host to make sure you’re delivering your prizing on time.
- View your Analytics dashboard to see how you and your other other partners performed.