Merge Tags are data fields that can be collected through DojoMojo and sent to your ESP through your integration to help you segment your list, personalize your sends, and optimize your email marketing.
In order to set up merge tags, you'll need to integrate with MailChimp. Click here to learn how to if you haven't already.
To set up merge tags, first navigate to your account in MailChimp. Then follow these steps:
1) Navigate to the Lists page.
2) Click the drop-down menu next to the list you want to work with, and choose Settings.
3) On the Settings page, click List fields and *|MERGE|* tags.
4) Click Add A Field to see the available field types and choose the type of field you'd like to add.
5) Type a name for the field, and click Save.
6) In DojoMojo, in the merge tag settings, for Value in MailChimp enter the fields Tag, excluding *||*, from MailChimp.
For more information about custom fields in MailChimp, visit their help article here.