Merge Tags are data fields that can be collected through DojoMojo and sent to your ESP through your integration to help you segment your list, personalize your sends, and optimize your email marketing.
In order to set up merge tags, you'll need to integrate with Campaign Monitor. Click here to learn how to if you haven't already.
To set up merge tags, first navigate to your account in Campaign Monitor. Then follow these steps:
1) Click Lists & subscribers, then click on the relevant list.
2) Click Custom fields in the right sidebar.
3) Enter a name for the field and use the Data Type dropdown menu to select the type of field you want.
4) Click Add custom field to save it to your list.
5) In DojoMojo, in the merge tag settings, for Value in Campaign Monitor enter the fields Field Name from Campaign Monitor.
For more information about custom fields on Campaign Monitor, visit their help article here.