In this article, we'll help you:
- Understand the advantages of hosting a campaign vs. participating in one.
- Understand the different responsibilities for a host versus a participant.
As we've seen, a Host brand is responsible for building the campaign, inviting the partners, designing the landing page and in general running the campaign process. The host controls powerful features like social sharing, showing a custom CTA or ad to entrants, logo placement and more.
Essential and Premium DojoMojo users can host their own campaigns.
Hosts are the main point of contact for and the person in charge of coordinating a campaign. As host you’ll enjoy significantly great campaign control, including the appearance of the landing page and copy, control over which partners join, the prizing, the Custom CTA feature, the ordering of the Social Sharing and other details.
The extra work of being a Host is warranted entirely by the benefits you receive. For example, a Host who controls all their Custom CTA traffic can yield thousands of high intent clicks. For an eCommerce brand this can mean thousands of dollars of sales as a result of hosting.
The tradeoff is that hosting, which puts you in charge of coordinating the campaign, requires more time. To offset this, many hosts will rotate leading campaigns with being a passive participant when their bandwidth is more limited.
Things Hosts Usually Do
- Create and name the campaign
- Design the landing page
- Draft the giveaway Official Rules and any Partnership Agreements
- Coordinate prizing
- Select what partners will join the campaign
- Create their own Tracking Links and ensure partners have theirs
- Make sure everyone knows when and how they are promoting the campaign to their audience
- Promote the campaign
- Pick a winner and send prizing
Partner brands participate in and promote the campaign (shares links to the campaign with their audience) and therefore receives emails. Sometimes, a prizing partner (i.e. a hotel etc) will contribute prizing in exchange for entries.
It's free to be a Partner on DojoMojo with our Basic plan, but Essential and Premium users will have access to more powerful features.
Things Partners Usually Do
- Provide logos for the landing page
- Review the Official Rules and discuss any questions/edits/additions
- Contribute to prizing
- Create their Tracking Links
- Promote the campaign on the dates agreed to